The Sites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data relating to you in the following circumstances:
- If you are a healthcare professional and use the Sites to find out information about travel health and products, we collect Personal Data (g., your name and professional status) to verify that you are a healthcare professional, to allow access to relevant information, and, when you post on our forums, to post that comment and ensure it is in compliance with our policies. We also collect your telephone number, postal address and information about contracts or affiliations you already have with us when you sign up to receive information and marketing from us.
- If you visit the Sites to get travel health information generally, we collect Personal Data when you sign up to receive travel health information or marketing about products and services we provide, including your name and email address.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for various purposes. “Aggregated data” refers to information that could be derived from your Personal Data but that will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Where we use Personal Data, we are required to have a legal justification for doing so. We use your Personal Data for the following purposes and on the basis of the legal justifications set out below:
If you do not provide us with certain Personal Data for processing as described above, we may not be able to provide the service or product requested.
We collect and/or process certain Personal Data about you in order to meet legal obligations to which we are subject. If you are a health care professional wishing to gain access to our services, we are required to verify your status, which in certain jurisdictions requires us to carry out independent verification. We also process Personal Data where necessary to comply with legal orders to which we are subject.
If you do not provide us with certain Personal Data for necessary for the processing described above, we may not be able to provide the service or product requested.
Our legitimate interests
We process your Personal Data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a company, including to manage, promote and improve our business and manage our risk. Where we do so, we put measures in place to ensure that any risks arising for you as a result of the processing are minimized. We process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests to:
- carry out analytics and market research to enable us to improve the Sites and our products and services, g., by assessing how you use our Sites and to understand the sort of content which is most helpful to you;
- to communicate important notices to you, such as information about changes to the Sites and service updates;
- Respond to any inquiry, questions or comments you make and providing you with other support related to our services;
- inform you of our new products, services and special offers that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages, including newsletters, via email and online advertising, unless your consent is required for such communications (see below). If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive or contact us as described below;
- create a profile about you to help us personalize our products and services and our marketing communications to you; and
- prevent and detect unlawful behavior, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending the company in case of legal disputes.
If we have sought your consent to process your Personal Data, you may subsequently withdraw it at any time by contacting us at the address listed below in the “How to Contact Us” section without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before you revoked it, or in the case of marketing communications, by following the unsubscribe options in those communications.
Sharing of Your Personal Data with Third Parties
We share your Personal Data with third parties in the following cases:
- Service providers. We share your Personal Data with companies that provide services to us, including web-hosting providers, consent-management service providers and our customer database service provider. The service providers are required to keep your Personal Data confidential and are not permitted to use your Personal Data for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Third parties where required by law. We disclose your Personal Data to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, a public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance.
- Advertising and other business partners. We disclose your Personal Data to our business partners if it is necessary for providing products and services to you or displaying advertising. For example, where we contract with advertising networks who help us display advertising on third-party sites to our customers.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business / asset transfer, we may transfer your Personal Data to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other third parties with your consent. We may also share your Personal Data with other third parties when you consent to such sharing.
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
When we share your Personal Data with our affiliated companies or other companies with whom we contract (as described in the section above on Sharing of Your Personal Data with Third Parties), such companies may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries with different laws protecting Personal Data than the laws in your country of residence, including the USA where we are established.
Before transferring your Personal Data outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that such data will be afforded the same level of protection as under applicable data protection laws within the EEA. For data transfers outside of the EEA, we use applicable safeguards, such as sharing Personal Data with third parties who are certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield scheme or, in other cases, the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. You can find out more about these safeguards by contacting us using the details below, and we will make a copy available to you upon request.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We take steps to ensure your Personal Data will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above. When assessing how long we retain your Personal Data, we take into account our legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements, as well as our audit procedures and the requirements to retain information to establish or defend legal claims.
Your Rights over Your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data that we process, subject to conditions set out in applicable laws:
- to learn whether your Personal Data is processed by us;
- to request a copy of your Personal Data and information relating to the processing of your Personal Data, including the purposes of processing your Personal Data, the third-parties to whom your Personal Data is disclosed;
- to request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- to request the erasure of your Personal Data or the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws;
- to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- to withdraw any consent you have given;
- under certain circumstances to demand data portability; and
- to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the country you live in.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details listed in the section below on How to Contact Us.
Third-Party Websites and Content
Our business partners, whose sites you may visit after clicking on a link from the Sites, may have less stringent privacy policies. We do not have control over these policies and urge you to read their privacy statements before providing any personally identifiable information to such sites.
How to Contact Us
Attention: Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
400 Professional Drive, Suite 400
Gaithersburg, MD 20879